Classic Jag Mark II Re-spray Update
We have recently finished this Classic Jag Mark II re-spray project including the rebuild of the vehicle ready for delivery back to the client and so we thought that we would post an update and show you the finished vehicle.
As you can see from the pictures below we took this vehicle back to basics stripping it down to a shell for a complete prep and paint to show / competition standards and then rebuilt the vehicle ready for delivery to its extremely happy owner for many years of happy motoring / shows to come.
Here we have the conclusion of our Classic Mark II Jag Re Spray Project, including pictures of the finished vehicle.
Classic Car Restoration – The Bristol Project
Here we have another classic car restoration job we affectionately refer to as ‘The Bristol Project’. In its current state it has definitely seen better days but that is why it has ended up on our door as we are going to strip her back to bare aluminium cut out all the defective areas and make good by welding replacement parts in to the areas we removed and once we have finished bringing the body back up to spec we will be prepping, flatting and spraying the vehicle to show standards.
We have only been given 3 months to complete all the work so keep an eye on this post for updates as we hope to complete the project pretty quickly.
If you have a classic car restoration project or any problem with any type of vehicle then why not contact us today to see if we could help on 01543 422 625.
Classic truck restoration – The Bedford 1940 Cute Project
We have been given another classic truck restoration project, this time is a 1940 Bedford Cute which we now need to bring up to show standards. Predominantly we need to remove any non authentic parts such as cross head screws and modern hinges that have been added to the vehicle over the years, and replace them with authentic parts.
Once all the repair and restoration work has been carried out then we will be respraying the entire vehicle (including the chassis) to show standards.
We have now managed to strip the vehicle right back, identify all the problem areas and repair them by cutting them out and lead loading them. We have also removed all non authentic parts and replaced with parts from the correct era. The chassis has been keyed back for adhesion then sprayed black to show standards and the cab has been fully prepped, etch primed where required and 2k primer applied. We then guide coated and flatted to get the required level of finish ready for the final red 2 pack finish coat to be applied.